Car RC cancellation is a legal process where vehicle is considered scrapped and car is officially considered in no longer existence or registered to anyone. RC deregistration is done by State RTO and rules and fee vary from state to state. Registration and Cancellation of RC comes under jurisdiction of State government. In almost all state, it is done by same authority or RTO, where vehicle was initially registered.
• Car is Scrapped with a car scrap dealer. Car chassis is also scrapped and chassis number is taken out by cutting metal. This is to be submitted with RTO as a proof of car being scrapped.
• An affidavit is made by owner that car is being scrapped. If you opt to get deregistered through Car2Scrap, we will get affidavit for you.
• If car RC is lost then NC (Non Cognizable) report copy might also be required, this depends on RTO.
• All car documents like insurance, RC are submitted to RTO where car was registered.
• RTO deregisters the car, generally no certificate is issued, same can be obtained using an RTI.